Balance and relaxation are two common aromatherapy uses for essential oils. doTERRA’s Balance essential oil “Grounding Blend” is also well known for evoking feelings of balance and relaxation.
The proprietary combination of Spruce Needle/Leaf, Ho Wood, Frankincense Resin, Blue Tansy Flower, and Blue Chamomile Flower essential oils is effective whether used aromatically or topically. However, the main benefits of Balance come from its concentration of Frankincense, which experimental research shows to help promote a positive mood and soothe feelings.
The Oils in Balance Essential Oil Blend
The proprietary combination of essential oils is effective whether diffused or applied to the skin topically. Spruce, one of the oils in Balance, was used by Native Americans for health and spiritual reasons and is still used today to bring harmony to mind and body.
Balance Grounding Blend has a fresh, woody aroma that helps promotes a whole-body sense of relaxation and ease anxious feelings. The individual oils in this blend and their benefit include:
- Spruce: Grounding effect that helps with emotional release
- Ho Wood: Provides calming effect; increases spiritual awareness
- Blue Tansy: Relieves anger and promotes a feeling of self-control
- Blue Chamomile: Calms nerves
- Frankincense: Promotes meditation, improves attitude, and uplifts spirits
- Blue Chamomile: further enhances the soothing and calming properties
- Ho Wood: Valued for its soothing and calming benefits, Ho Wood provides the same benefits as Rosewood (previously in the blend).
A study investigated the effects of hand massage with Frankincense, Bergamot, and Lavender essential oils. The nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design study included a total of 58 participants in hospice care. Twenty-eight participants were assigned to the control group. The Control Group received general hand massages. The remaining 30 participants were in the Experimental Group. The Experimental Group received daily five-minute hand massages that included a topical application of Frankincense, Bergamot, and Lavender essential oils (diluted in a base of sweet almond oil). After seven days, the Experimental Group reported significantly improved mood and feelings of relaxation when compared to the Control Group.
Due to its concentration of Frankincense and other grounding and relaxing essential oils, doTERRA Balance Grounding Blend is the perfect complement to a hand massage. Watch a video on how to perform a proper hand massage.
Balance Essential Oil Blend Uses
I massage a couple of drops of Balance onto my feet every morning as a part of my daily health routine. The Grounding Blend is a powerful way to support the body in helping to prevent disease. When in a particularly stressful situation, apply a little Balance to the back of the neck to help ease anxious feelings.
Some other ways to use Balance Grounding Blend include:
- Diffuse in the car during a road trip to create a calming, soothing environment.
- For a grounding experience, breathe in deeply.
- Use before bed while thinking positive thoughts to promote peaceful dreams.
- Diffuse before bed for a restful night’s sleep.
- Use while meditating or practicing yoga.
- Add to Epsom salts for a comforting bath.
- Evokes feelings of tranquility and balance.
- Great to use for a hand massage.
- Promotes a whole-body sense of relaxation.
Directions for Use
You can diffuse Balance essential oil blend and rub it on your skin.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Topically: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. You may want to dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil or other natural oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
As with all essential oil blends, please be aware of possible skin sensitivity. Keep Balance essential oil blend out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician before using Balance essential oil blend.