Wouldn’t it be nice to have a simple solution for when you need an energy or confidence boost? What about an easy way to reduce stress? Well, there is a simple way that can help boost your energy, your confidence, and help reduce stress. When yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises fail to provide relief, the solution is essential oils! Yes! It sounds overly simplistic, but an abundance of research shows there’s brain-boosting power with essential oils and aromatherapy.
There are specific oils that will help lift your emotional state of mind when you feel overwhelmed. Some can help reduce stress, others can help give you a boost of confidence. The best part about essential oils is that unlike caffeinated beverages, sugary energy drinks, or prescription medications, there have no adverse side effects. Plus, they smell really great!
Using essential oils is simple. Just place a few drops in the palm of your hand and rub your hands together. Then, cup your hands over your nose and inhale deeply. There is jewelry designed for essential oils that act as a personal diffuser. The best way is to place a few drops of oil to a diffuser to fill your home or office with the aroma to help you make it through the day.
Energy Brain Boosters
Here are three essential oils with a powerful aroma that can help you stay on target and remain focused throughout long days.
- Black pepper is a warming and stimulating oil that gets the blood pumping. It is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity. By stimulating circulation, it aids in boosting fresh blood flow to the brain and muscles for an energizing effect. It also helps sooth anxious feelings.
- Rosemary essential oil has been used extensively to awaken the mind and promote concentration. Research shows that inhaling rosemary can enhance aspects of memory and aid in focused attention. It also helps reduce occasional fatigue as well as nervous tension.
- Peppermint immediately stimulates and refreshes the senses. The oil has cooling and energizing effects that can help beat any afternoon slump and get your mind fired up.
Brain Boost to Reduce Stress
These essential oils are perfect for relieving stress and anxiousness. To help you move on with your day, no matter how hectic your schedule, try diffusing one of these oils.
- Ylang-Ylang has a sweet floral scent that helps slow a racing heart and calm the nerves. The exotic aroma soothes the mind, relieves tension in the body, and works as an antispasmodic under stressful conditions. Ylang Ylang is popular in aromatherapy to lessen tension and stress and help promote a positive outlook. This oil helps lift your mood while also having a calming effect.
- Chamomile – both Roman and German – contain a high percentage of esters that have a profoundly calming effect on the nerves. They are also extremely effective in dealing with tension and promoting restful sleep.
- Bergamot reduces tension and stress with its calming and soothing aroma. It also helps lessens sad and anxious feelings. Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce feelings of stress.
Brain Boost to Build Confidence
Because who couldn’t use a confidence boost at work or anytime?
- Cedarwood has a woody, sweet aroma that helps instill strength and stability. The oil comes from the sturdy wood of cedar trees and has a grounding aroma that evokes feelings of wellness and vitality. Cedarwood has a grounding aroma that evokes feelings of wellness and vitality. It also is popular in aromatherapy to relax and soothe the mind and body.
- Laurel has a spicy, dynamic scent that encourages confidence and stimulates action. Laurel essential oil can help with courage and assist in the recovery of emotional trauma.
There never seems to be enough hours in the day to shoehorn in everything we want and need to accomplish. That leaves us physically and emotionally drained after the long hours of work and a calendar full of personal activities.
The next time you feel like you need a cup of coffee to get you through the afternoon, or a boost of confidence, try one of these essential oils. If you have a high-stress job, it’s a good idea to keep the oils that work best for you handy at both work and home.