Flavored toothpicks are something fun and unexpected. They are great for freshening breath, cleaning teeth, and even fending off the occasional sweet tooth craving. This DIY project will be the talk of your next party. Everyone enjoys a flavored toothpick!
Flavored Toothpicks Ingredients
Flavored toothpicks are simple to make and can last a long time. There are just a few items you need to make them.
- Wooden Toothpicks
- Glass jar with lid, taller than toothpicks
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 10–20 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Tin to hold toothpicks between uses
Flavored Toothpicks Instructions
- Fill the bottom of the glass jar with Fractionated Coconut Oil, about ¼ inch.
- Add 10 drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil to the jar and stir. (NOTE: For stronger flavor, add more drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil.)
- Place toothpicks in the jar and close with the lid.
- Allow the toothpicks to sit in the oil mixture for 8 hours or until the oil is absorbed.
- After toothpicks have absorbed the oil mixture, lay toothpicks on a plate and allow to dry 24 hours.
- Place the dry, flavored toothpicks in small tin or glass jar to use as needed.
Idea # 1: Try different flavors such as Peppermint, doTERRA On Guard Essential Oil Blend, or Wild Orange. Be creative and make your own flavor combinations such as Cinnamon Bark and Peppermint, or Peppermint and Grapefruit. The options are endless.
Idea # 2: Use the Cinnamon flavored toothpicks as spears on a fruit tray. Either place the flavored toothpicks in a jar near the tray, or selectively insert toothpicks into random pieces of pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, or whatever pieces you have on your tray.