Cinnamon Apple Cake and “healthy” don’t always go together, but this delicious recipe blends the two perfectly. If you are ready for your home to smell like autumn, this is the recipe! This recipe is a perfect treat or dessert for anytime of the year.
Healthy Cinnamon Apple Cake Highlights
This Cinnamon Apple Cake is not only scrumptious but full of good ingredients that can help keep the heart healthy. Plus, it fills the sweet tooth in everyone, and you don’t even have to say it’s healthy.
Apples. Adding apples to a diet is an excellent way to help protect against heart disease. Apples are filled with compounds that are good for the body. Apples have soluble fibers that can contribute to reducing the buildup of cholesterol-rich plaque buildup in the arteries and keep the heart functioning properly. They also can help control weight.
Oranges. The orange has many healthy phytochemicals and flavonoids with anti-inflammatory properties. The nutrients in oranges, such as vitamin C, potassium, and fiber, all help reduce the risks of heart disease and boost the immune system.
Walnuts. A walnut’s components may contain anti-cancer properties which can help reduce risks of colon cancer and prostate cancer. The minerals in walnuts, like copper, can help fight against heart disease.
Cinnamon Essential Oil. This essential oil helps maintain a healthy immune system and supports healthy metabolic function.
Healthy Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 small apples, grated
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a baking tin with olive oil.
- Juice orange into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Grate the apples. Set aside.
- In a different large bowl, add sugar, olive oil, and Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Mix using a handheld or free-standing mixer.
- Add the flour mix and the orange juice to a bowl with sugar and oil alternatively and keep mixing. It’s okay if the mixture looks dry. The grated apples will provide additional moisture.
- Add the apples and the walnuts and fold in gently with a spoon until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly).
- Slice and enjoy.