Veggie Dip is not only a quick and easy snack but always a party standard. It’s great as a light snack or refreshing appetizer. Shake things up with this flavorful dip. This veggie dip will not only stimulate your taste buds but leave you wanting more. If you believe in easy dishes made with real ingredients, this recipe is for you. For your next party, don’t go with the usual store-bought dips! Go with something that’s fresh and doesn’t have any artificial preservatives!
Don’t let the number of ingredients scare you. Five essential oils go into this recipe. While the fresh version of each plant would be okay to use (and is used in the case of rosemary and basil), the essential oil versions are more concentrated and add more powerful health benefits when taken internally. Also, there’s garlic, spinach, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and eggplant in the recipe.
Veggie Dip Heath Benefits
Here are a few of the benefits of the essential oils:
- Oregano essential oil helps maintain the health of your immune, respiratory, and digestive systems.
- Rosemary essential oil supports the healthy function of your internal organs.
- Clary Sage, a soothing and relaxing oil that may synergistically help calm your nervous system, too.
- Fennel essential oil can help promote healthy digestion.
- Basil essential oil also supports gastrointestinal health and help lessen occasional anxious feelings.
Some of the benefits from the vegetables:
- Garbanzo beans, also known as chickpeas, are an excellent source of dietary fiber. They also pack magnesium, potassium, and iron. Garbanzo beans are essentially cholesterol and trans-fat-free.
- Garlic is highly nutritious with very few calories. Some of the active compounds also help reduce blood pressure. Garlic can help detoxify heavy metals in the body.
- Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, as well as protein, fiber, several vitamins, calcium, and iron. Plentiful flavonoids in spinach act as antioxidants to keep cholesterol from oxidizing and protect your body from free radicals, particularly in the colon.
- Tomatoes are a primary dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits. They also contain a great deal of Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Squash is an important source of many nutrients, including vitamin C, magnesium, and other antioxidant compounds. These vitamins and minerals are important antioxidant components in the body, which help to neutralize free radicals throughout the body.
- Zucchini is an excellent source of antioxidants, and vitamin C has anti-inflammatory properties that can improve heart health. Zucchini is also high in the heart-healthy mineral potassium.
- Eggplant has an impressive array across the board of many vitamins and minerals. It has excellent amounts of fiber, folate, potassium, and manganese, as well as several vitamins and other minerals.
Veggie Dip Ingredients
Don’t let the list of ingredients scare you. Basically, you throw everything in a blender!
- 1–5 cloves garlic
- 1 can (15 ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed (Tip: For fresher flavor, use fresh beans instead)
- 2 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 can variety mix black, green, and Kalamata olives
- 2 stems fresh basil
- 1 small bundle Italian parsley
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 cup almonds or pine nuts
- 1 drop Oregano essential oil
- 2 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops Clary Sage essential oil
- 4 drops Fennel essential oil
- 7 drops Basil essential oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 red and orange bell peppers
Veggie Dip Instructions
- Put all ingredients except the essential oils into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add essential oils one drop at a time to taste. (For a lighter flavor, use less than the listed drops of essential oil.)
- Serve with vegetables, pita bread, or chips.
The hardest part of this recipe will be keeping the supply of dipping veggies, pita bread, or chips available for your guests. Of course, you can make some for just you and your family. You don’t need a party; the dip is the party!