If you’re looking for a recipe for a delicious, on-the-go snack, that’s also healthy, you’re in the right place. Here’s a recipe for Lemon Strawberry Bites that uses all-natural ingredients. The bites make for the perfect portable and sweet treat. This recipe includes the internal benefits of Lemon oil, which can help ease seasonal respiratory discomforts.
Whether you need a quick breakfast, a hiking snack, an after-school snack, or a mid-day pick-me-up, try this yummy recipe.
Health Benefits of Lemon Strawberry Bites
Some of the health benefits of the main ingredients include:
- Strawberries are packed with vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and more. This potent little heart-shaped fruit helps to protect your heart, increase HDL (the good) cholesterol, and helps lower blood pressure. Strawberries have particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols which can help treat digestion issues and even weight management difficulties. They are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food. Strawberries are a good source of manganese and potassium.
- Oats are incredibly nutritious and rich. They are among the healthiest grains on earth. The health benefits include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and a reduced risk of heart disease. They contain many powerful antioxidants.
- Maple syrup is not only high in antioxidants but has important nutrients like riboflavin, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and potassium.
- Coconut Flour is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats and free from wheat and other grains. It is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydratesand calories, and has a low score on the glycemic index. A favorite with those on the paleo and gluten-free diets. Coconut flour is not actually “flour” as it does not contain grains or nuts, it is made from pure coconut.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in the B complex vitamins and are a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E (which may help reduce inflammation). They also contain trace minerals, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium, and carotene.
- Lemon Essential Oil naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion, supports healthy respiratory function and assists with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
Lemon Strawberry Bites Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Coconut flakes or desiccated coconut (Desiccated Coconutis dried, shredded or flaked coconut. It can be sweetened or unsweetened, flaked or shredded, and grated fine, medium or coarse. Use the finely grated for this recipe.)
- 1–2 drops Lemon essential oil
- Blend frozen strawberries, oats, sunflower seeds, coconut flour, one tablespoon of coconut oil, and maple syrup. If the mixture is dry after blending, add the second tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add Lemon oil to the mixture and blend again.
- Form mixture into balls and roll in coconut flakes or desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate two to four hours.
Tip: If you feel the bites need additional sweetness, add a tablespoon or two of honey in Step 1.