Wild Orange essential oil is high in monoterpenes and possesses stimulating and purifying qualities.
Properties which make wild orange ideal to support healthy immune system function when seasonal threats are high. Orange essential oil is helps ease feelings of self-doubt. The simple act of smelling the oil helps bring pleasant thoughts to mind, which is why it is a standard oil in aromatherapy.
As with many citrus peel oils, Wild Orange contains powerful antioxidants that help maintain overall health. Orange essential oil is calming and uplifting to both the mind and body. A 2015 study found diffusing orange essential oil helped calm emotions of women during childbirth.
The essential oil is obtained by cold pressing the orange peel. Wild Orange is one of dōTERRA’s most popular essential oils because of its energizing aroma and multiple health benefits.
Orange essential oil is an environmental-friendly pesticide in and can kill ants. The oil erases an ant’s scent-pheromone trail indicators and disrupts the ant’s re-infestation activities. It is common to find orange oil in commercial kitchens to safely repel ants.
Wild Orange Essential Oil History
Oranges have been grown since ancient times and originated in Southeast Asia. Orange trees are a symbol of love and marriage in many cultures.
Unknown in a wild state, the assumption is the orange was first cultivated in China around 2500 BC. Italian and Portuguese merchants brought orange trees to the Mediterranean area in the late 15th or early 16th century. Shortly afterward, the sweet orange became known as an edible fruit. The orange was considered a luxury item and wealthy people grew oranges in private conservatories. By 1646, the sweet orange was well known throughout Europe.
The peel and juice of the sweet orange are both used to make medicine. The peel of sweet orange can help increase appetite; reduce phlegm; and treat coughs, colds, intestinal gas (flatulence), and acid indigestion (dyspepsia). It is also good to use as a tonic.
Wild Orange Essential Oil Uses
Wild Orange enhances any essential oil blend with a fresh, sweet, refreshing aroma. Take daily to help cleanse the body. It is also useful as a natural surface cleaner around the home. Diffusing wild orange essential oil will energize and uplift the mind and body while purifying the air.
- Add a drop to your water for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health.
- During colder temperatures, take one to two drops of Wild Orange in a capsule to support a healthy immune system.
- During clean up, use Wild Orange to cleanse and purify countertops, tables, and other surfaces.
- To improve your home’s scent and to purify the air, place a few drops on your air filter.
- Powerful cleanser and purifying agent.
- Before a stress filled day, diffuse for an energizing and revitalizing aroma.
- When you lack energy in the afternoon, diffuse Wild Orange to increase your alertness and lift your mood.
- Use in an all-purpose spray to cleanse and purify surfaces.
- Diffuse to freshen the air.
- For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense. Rub palms together and inhale deeply from the palms, then rub palms on the back of neck.
- Make a tea with a few drops of oil in warm water and drink to support the immune system.
Directions for Use
You can diffuse Wild Orange essential oil, rub it on your skin and take it internally.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. You can also place two drops in a Veggie Capsule and take with water.
- Topically: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. You may want to dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil or other natural oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
As with all essential oils, please be aware of possible skin sensitivity. Keep wild orange essential oil out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician before using wild orange oil. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying wild orange essential oil topically.