Spearmint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe? Cooking with essential oil may seem daunting. Trying a new recipe can be tricky, especially with essential oils and some different ingredients, might seem impossible. This recipe for delicious cookies uses what might not be typically healthy ingredients, as well as spearmint essential oil and does not disappoint. Healthy can be tasty!
There are a couple of ingredients you may not have cooked with previously. Don’t worry, the flour and molasses make the cookies taste great! The chia seeds add significant health benefits to the cookies.
Spelt Flour: What is spelt flour? Spelt is a cereal grain in the wheat family but is different from wheat (same genus, different species). Similar to wheat (it contains gluten), but spelt flour has higher levels of protein and dietary fiber, almost 30% in each serving. The flour is packed with nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. If you can’t find at your local grocer, it is available online.
Molasses: Some consider molasses a superfood because of its high levels of iron, calcium, magnesium and manganese which are very beneficial. These ingredients can aid in anemia and digestion.
Chia Seeds: Don’t let these tiny, black seeds fool you. They are loaded with important benefits and are even prized for the ability that they have to provide energy. The word “chia” in the ancient Mayan language means “strength.”
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ Cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup spelt flour
- 1 ½ cup soft white wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup chia seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 drop Spearmint essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine refrigerated coconut oil and butter, whisk until smooth.
- Add raw sugar, honey, cocoa, molasses, and egg. Mix until creamed together.
- In a separate bowl combine spelt flour, soft white wheat flour, quick oats, chia seed, baking soda, and salt. Slowly pour these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter and the Spearmint essential oil. Mix well.
- Scoop 12 cookies onto a cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!