This After Sun Soothing Spray is perfect for skin suffering from overexposure to the sun. The properties of Lavender, Melaleuca, and Peppermint Essential Oils make a perfect blend for soothing the skin. Summer and the outdoors go together. The Summer Sun is good, but too much exposure can cause irritation. Next time you deal with the discomfort of too much sun, try this after-sun soothing spray with essential oils.
After Sun Soothing Spray Benefits
Here’s a breakdown of the benefits of the ingredients in this Soothing Spray.
Lavender. Besides soothing occasional skin irritations, lavender has calming and relaxing qualities that can be beneficial after an active day in the sun.
Melaleuca. This oil not only helps with occasional skin irritations, but it also has properties that help cleanse the skin.
Peppermint. An essential oil to have on hand anytime because of its cooling effect on the skin when overheated. This oil also blends well with Lavender.
Aloe Vera. The antioxidants and hormones in Aloe Vera contain wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce skin inflammation.
Vitamin E. This vitamin benefits the skin by improving moisture and elasticity and strengthening the capillary walls. When the skin absorbs it, the vitamin aids the healing process in the skin.
After Sun Soothing Spray Ingredients
- 16-ounce glass spray bottle
- 1 cup Aloe Vera juice (available at most health food stores)
- 1/4 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (available at most health food and drug stores)
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 8 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- 8 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in glass spray bottle.
- Shake to combine.
- Spray onto skin as needed to enjoy the soothing benefits. (Be sure to shake the bottle to combine all the ingredients before each use.)
It may surprise some to learn about the versatility of essential oils. From immune support to health concerns and even cooking, essential oils should be an everyday part of life.