This Winter White Hot Chocolate Recipe with essential oils is a twist on the familiar, traditional hot chocolate drink. Who knew pumpkin could make hot chocolate even better? The recipe makes two servings. One for you and one to share! A great way to warm up on a cold winter’s day.
Hot Chocolate Health Highlights
Almond Milk. This type of milk is cholesterol free which can help enable a healthy heart. Almond milk can also aid in maintaining and lowering blood pressure. Almond milk, like dairy milk, is known for its high content of various vitamins and minerals; however, the almonds contain extra nutrients and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
Pumpkin is rich in fiber and can help slow digestion. There’s more fiber in a cup of canned pumpkin than two slices of whole-grain bread! Pumpkin also is high in vitamin A which is essential for eye health, and vitamin A helps the body fight infections. The potassium contained within pumpkins can have a positive effect on blood pressure. Pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin can be used as a replacement for butter or oil in baking recipes.
Cinnamon helps support a healthy metabolic function and may help reduce some of the adverse effects of eating high-fat foods. Of course, cinnamon alone will not lead to weight loss but can help in an overall weight reduction program.
Clove contains powerful antioxidant properties.
Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1–2 drops Clove oil*
- 1–2 drops Cinnamon Bark oil*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- 2–3 ounces roughly chopped white chocolate
Hot Chocolate Instructions
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except for the chocolate.
- Heat over medium heat, stir the mixture constantly until just simmering.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and stir. (Reserve some chocolate for a garnish.)
- Just before serving, top each mug with whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: Begin with just one drop of each essential oil. Increase the number of drops based on individual preferences.