Yarrow|Pom is doTERRA’s unique proprietary blend of Yarrow essential oil and cold-pressed Pomegranate seed oil. The blend is designed as a true inside-out approach to overall wellness. In aromatherapy, Yarrow helps calm the body and mind.
Yarrow essential oil has a sweet aroma and a brilliant deep blue color, a color seen in only a few essential oils. The oil is obtained in a steam extraction process of the flowering top. Yarrow, an herb closely related to chamomile and chrysanthemums. With main chemical components are omega 5, antioxidants, beta-caryophyllene, and chamazulene that support cellular, immune, and nervous system function and rejuvenation when taken internally.
Yarrow Essential Oil History
Yarrow has been used since ancient times by people and cultures around the world. Traditionally, it’s been used to reduce inflammation (especially in the digestive tract), to treat skin wounds and minor bleeding, and as a sedative. Germanic tribes treated battle wounds with Yarrow.
Yarrow beer has been brewed in Europe since the middle ages. While, in the 17th century, Yarrow was a popular vegetable. The leaves were prepared and consumed similar to spinach. The Chinese considered yarrow plants to be good luck and thought it sacred for the harmony of the yin and yang energies within.
Numerous tribes in North America used yarrow for a variety of ailments. The crushed plant was applied to wounds and burns. The dried leaves were used as a tea to soothe colds, fever, and headache.
Yarrow|Pom Essential Oil Uses
Body systems affected by Yarrow|Pom are the hormonal systems, immune system, and skin. The primary benefits of Yarrow|Pom essential oil include:
- Providing powerful antioxidant support.
- Promoting cellular, immune, and nervous system health. To promote a healthy immune response, take one to two drops of Yarrow|Pom daily.
- Supports a healthy metabolic function. Consume one to two drops morning and night to promote a healthy metabolism.
- Calms the body and mind.
- Soothing to the skin. As part of your skin care routine, apply Yarrow|Pom to help promote the look of young and healthy skin, or to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Create a soothing massage experience with a few drops of Yarrow|Pom to help soothe tension.
Directions for Use
You can apply Yarrow|Pom Essential Oil to your skin and take it internally.
- Internal: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. You can also place two drops in a Veggie Capsule and take with water.
- Topically: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. You may want to dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil or other natural oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
As with all essential oils, please be aware of possible skin sensitivity. Keep Yarrow|Pom Essential Oil out of the reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician before using Yarrow|Pom oil.